Friday, April 17, 2015

Polar Bears by Emily Gines

Polar Bears
By: Emily Gines

For my animal report I am doing the Polar Bear.  I chose this animal because, when I was younger I loved Polar Bears.  Anyway, lets get started!
I am going to tell you what a Polar Bear looks like.  They are 8 feet tall and can weigh up to 1,600lbs.  The color of the Polar Bear is, white.  These are some of the Polar Bear’s features. They also have thick fur to keep them warm and sharp claws to grip onto the ice.
Some favorite food of the  Polar Bear are;  fish, salmon is its favorite, seals, watermelon and seaweed.  
The Polar Bear lives on a few different continents. Some of those are: North America and Eurasia.  Some countries the Polar Bear can be found in are; Canada and Greenland.  The special habitat of the Polar Bear is in Antarctica.  
The Polar Bear travels by walking on all four legs.  The Polar Bear has a very loud roar to scare predators away.  
The Polar Bear hunts alone unless they are hunting for fish.  
The Polar Bear is not allowed as a pet.  It is also not used as a work animal.  People do use the Polar Bear for food by hunting them and use the warm fur for clothing.  
Some interesting facts about the Polar Bear are; really good swimmers, its fur is used as camouflage when they are being hunted and when they are hunting and they can live up to 30 years old.  The Polar Bear also hunts near where it lives.  
I think the Polar Bear is a super cool animal.  And if they weren’t so big and dangerous I would totally have one as a pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment